Friday, September 10, 2010

Loosely Elegant at Ports 1961...

Every season, Ports brings a kind of softness to its collection. This season's collection, it's all about a laid back kind of look with a certain elegance, and Ports manages to do that quite well. There was no shortage of color this afternoon, what with the hot pink frocks and the clover green satin tops. The collection is very sophisticated but mixed with a little bit of boho inspiration. One second your seeing form fitting short dresses cinched at the waist, and the next it's very loose with satin maxi dresses and oversized jackets. I only heard about Ports last year around the this time, and ever since I have been hooked. I have to say that I enjoyed the collection very much and I definitely will be looking forward to seeing more from Fiona Cibani as the new designer for the fashion house. Here are a few looks and enjoy! Oh and while I was in Lincoln Center today, I was interviewed by a woman who worked for a UK based website! I'll be posting that up tomorrow hopefully if she actually puts it up :) Thanks guys!
-Jean-Luc

Photos courtesy of http://nymag.com/fashion/fashionshows/

No comments:

Post a Comment